Test Driven Development
We write tests before we write code. We verify a feature is working correctly before we actually write the code to make it work. Yup, that’s right. Before we implement any new feature, we write tests to make sure it works. Sounds backwards right? Well, by writing a test first, we can ensure the accuracy and completeness of our code. This leads to a better and much higher quality app. Your app is only as good as its test suite
Why we do it:
- it allows us to add features quickly while still maintaining quality
- it ensures maintainability – can add new features without breaking other stuff
- if something goes wrong we know about it
- we end up with a 100%, fully automated test suite for each feature in you app
Ruby on Rails
A popular open source web application development framework intended to be used with an Agile development methodology.
Why we love it:
- it was created with productivity in mind - we can do more with less code
- it makes it less costly to make changes - we know your priorities may change
- it makes it easier to test - we can deliver quality, bug-free software
- it’s very easy to maintain - you don’t have to worry about costly future development
- it emphasizes conventional programming - making it easier to add developers
- it lets us write beautiful code - a happy programmer is a productive programmer!
An extremely fast, distributed version control system that is perfect for collaborative software development.
Why we use it:
- it improves our workflow
- it makes it simple to collaborate
- we can easily add new features and track changes
- all code is distributed and backed up on Github
Our very own project management tool. You can read even more about it here.
Why we built it:
- we weren’t satisfied with the other options out there
- it allows us to quickly plan and develop our clients’ apps
- clients can easily track the progress of their app
An online instant messaging client, designed specifically for groups.
Why we chat with it:
- it allows us to community with our clients easily
- it’s a web based chat, so there’s nothing to install
- we can quickly share files
- it has searchable chat history